FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sara Harding, (443) 278-9210
Katelyn Mattingly, (443) 278-9444
Baltimore SmartCEO Celebrated 25 Top Female CEOs at the Brava! Awards on July 10
Over 300 CEOs and decision-makers joined SmartCEO in honoring female CEOs at the highly anticipated, high-energy celebration
Baltimore, MD (July 11, 2013) — Baltimore SmartCEO recognized the area’s top female CEOs at the 2013 Brava! Awards, which took place on Wednesday, July 10 at the American Visionary Art Museum. This year’s winners collectively generated $174 million in revenue and employed more than 2,140 people. Additionally, the 2013 Brava! winners were profiled in the July 2013 issue of Baltimore SmartCEO magazine.
SmartCEO received more than 200 nominations across the Mid-Atlantic for the award. A group of Greater Baltimore business leaders formed the Brava! committee and chose the 25 winners. For a complete list of winners, please see below. For more information on the Brava! winners, visit www.smartceo.com to view the digital edition of the July 2013 issue.
“With each iteration of the Brava! program, I am constantly amazed by the passion and drive these leaders possess. These women are doing exceptional things not only for Baltimore’s business community but also for the communities in which we all work and live. Their impact is felt far and wide, and we’re excited to see how much more they can do as the years pass,” says Jaime Nespor, group publisher of SmartCEO. “We are honored to recognize such a group of women and their accomplishments.”
The winners were celebrated in style at the Baltimore Brava! Awards ceremony. An impressive audience of friends, colleagues and family came together to celebrate the winners’ achievements. In addition, one past Brava! winner was honored the evening of the event with her induction into the Brava! Hall of Fame. Janet Amirault of Software Consortium, from the Brava! class of 2011, was the 2013 Brava! Hall of Fame inductee.
The event kicked off with a high-energy cocktail reception followed by an engaging, video-packed awards ceremony. Attendees also donated articles of clothing to support SmartCEO’s Baltimore Brava! Awards charity partner Success in Style, an organization that helps women and men in crisis in the Baltimore-Washington Corridor become self-sufficient and employed by providing suits and changing lives.
SmartCEO is an exclusive community of CEOs and business executives, highly regarded mentors and well-respected thought leaders whose experiences benefit their organizations and the communities in which they serve. SmartCEO’s mission is to educate and inspire the business community through the pages of its award-winning magazine, connections at C-level events and access to valuable online resources.
For more than a decade, SmartCEO has been a leader in helping CEOs tell their stories in print, in person and in video. SmartCEO’s Mid-Atlantic focus began in Baltimore and has grown to include Philadelphia, Washington DC and New York City.
About the Brava! Awards
SmartCEO’s Brava! Awards program celebrates top female CEOs who combine their irrepressible entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for giving back to the community. Brava! award winners are exemplary leaders of their companies and in the community who encourage local philanthropy, mentor fellow CEOs and set their companies on the path to tremendous growth. Each year, an independent panel of business leaders selects 25 Brava! winners based on applications submitted. SmartCEO shares their inspiring stories in SmartCEO magazine and celebrates their success at an awards celebration.
2013 Baltimore Brava! Winner List:
- Tina Wynegar, Bay-Tek Consulting, Inc.
- Halle Van der Gaag, Blue Water Baltimore
- C. Lorena Streb, CertaPro Painters Baltimore Central
- Cynthia Crockett, Crockett Facilities Services, Inc.
- Alyce Dailey, The Dailey Group of Keller Williams Realty
- Traci A. Barnett, Girl Scouts of Central Maryland
- Lisa Rusyniak, Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc.
- Judith R. Mason, Harford Community Action Agency
- Mary L. Hastler, Harford County Public Library
- Patricia Bonney, The Highlands School
- Emily Gordon, Hot Spots Extended Care Programs, Inc.
- Elizabeth Rendon-Sherman, LG-TEK
- Lisa Vogel, The Lisa Vogel Agency
- Jeanette Glose Partlow, Maryland Chemical Company, Inc.
- Carol Quirk, Maryland Coalition for Inclusive Education
- Kathleen M. Davis, MKS&H
- Heather Harvison, My Sister’s Circle, Inc.
- Cassie Shafer, National Kidney Foundation of Maryland
- Laurie Chester Lessans, OGS Order Green Supply LLC
- Kathie H. Okun, The Okun Group, Inc.
- Judith McGovern, RealStreet Staffing
- Debbie Nazelrod, A Salon by Debbie Corporation
- Nancy R. Smit, SHR Associates, Inc.
- Elianne Ramos, Speak Hispanic, LLC
- Ida Cheinman, Substance151, Benefit LLC