By now, you have probably heard about the notices sent last week from the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace. The letters were sent to over 30 thousand people whose healthcare applications are incomplete, require more documentation or simply have been found to have inconsistencies in the information submitted.
Were you one of them? Did you receive this notice? Not to worry! The truth is that most people (over 300,000) who received these notices over the last few months have already been able to resolve issues with their applications. Those who have not responded, though, are at risk of losing their health benefits. If you’re one of them, the following resources can help so you and your family stay covered!
WATCH THIS WEEK’S HANGOUT:
I interviewed Mayra Álvarez, Director of the State Exchange Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services at the US Dept of Health and Human Services, and Sandra Luz, Associate Project Director/Lead Navigator at the Community Council of Greater Dallas. Here’s some of the items we covered:
- Why the Federal Marketplace is sending out these notices now
- What kind of documents they’re requesting
- What they mean by “inconsistencies
- What happens if you ignore the notice
- Steps to keep your coverage
FOLLOW THE STEPS IN THIS SLIDESHOW:
BELOW ARE ARTICLES, NUMBERS TO CALL AND OTHER RESOURCES • ALL YOU NEED TO #STAY COVERED – IN ENGLISH:
- Official website for Healthcare.go
- Find Local Help: http://1.usa.gov/1BzqKdz
- Send your documents to: Health Insurance Marketplace, Attn: Supporting Documentation, 465 Industrial Blvd. London, KY 40750
- Call 800-318-2596 // TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325
- Blog from Healthcare.gov: Still need to send documents to the Marketplace?
- Blog from Healthcare.gov: How do I resolve an inconsistency?
- View the @HHSGov story “#BySept5 Twitter Chat: Make Sure to Stay Covered” on Storify
- Blog from Enroll America: Some Enrollees Need to Verify Citizenship or Immigration Status by September 5 to Stay Covered
- Blog from FamiliesUSA: HHS Announces September 5 Deadline for Immigration Document Submission in Order to Avoid Marketplace Health Insurance Termination
- My article on Huffington Post: 4 Things You Need to Know Now to Stay Covered
- My article on Al Día News: 4 Things You Need to Know Now to Stay Covered
ARTÍCULOS, NÚMEROS A LLAMAR Y OTROS RECURSOS ÚTILES PARA QUE PUEDAS MANTENER TU SEGURO MÉDICO – EN ESPAÑOL:
- Sitio web oficial de CuidadodeSalud.Gov
- Haz clic aquí para Ingresar a tu cuenta del Mercado de seguros médicos
- Envía tus documentos a: Health Insurance Marketplace, Attn: Supporting Documentation, 465 Industrial Blvd. London, KY 40750
- Llama gratis al 800-318-2596 // Si eres un usuario de TTY, deberás llamar al 1-855-889-4325.
- Haz clic aquí para encontrar ayuda local a travéz de una de las organizaciones afiliadas locales
- Lee la recopilación en Storify de la charla de Cuidado de salud en Twitter del 21 de agosto
- Blog de Enroll America: Algunas personas deben verificar su estatus migratorio o de ciudadanía para el 5 de septiembre para mantener la cobertura obtenida en el Mercado de Seguros Médicos Mi artículo en Al Día News: Cuatro cosas que debes recordar para no perder tu seguro médico